- reese witherspoon releases necklace to help end domestic violence
- would you call this woman fat?
- happy international women’s day
- more recent work from the grindstone
- new column at the grindstone
- memorial day weekend: hair like mary kate + make your own dress form + get to know mindy kaling
- tavi + friendship bracelets + being poor for art
Dutch Model Ananda Marchilon wins lawsuit against Elite Model Management: Would You Call This Woman ‘Too Fat’?
I’ve been busy!
- Do Women Have To Wear High Heels To Succeed In The Workplace?
- Make It Work For Work: The Ballet Skirt
Photo courtesy of both myself and The Grindstone. There is nothing better than making Polyvore sets for a living.
Allo, it’s Memorial Day weekend, which means time to sit outside or semi-outside and drink delicious smoothies. And round up awesome fashion-y and philanthropic links, like duh!
DIY I want to try!
- How to make your own dress form. Sweet because otherwise they’re like $300. [Jezebel: Part 1 and Part 2]
- How to make your own shampoos, conditioners, lip balms, and more. ArtFire rounds up a whole bunch of how-to links on beauty-product-makin’. [ArtFire]
- How to make a kick-ass shaggy wall hanging out of T-shirt fabric (in Finnish Marimekko style). [Apartment Therapy]
- “I used to want to be Mary Kate but now I want to be Ashley. #whitegirlproblems” With this wavy hair tutorial from XOJane, you can be both! [XOJane]
- Turkish women advised to stay home if they don’t want to be sexually harassed. [Jezebel]
- Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling [Jezebel]
- RIP Gil Scott-Heron. Four songs. [GOOD]
Photo courtesy of myself; I’m drinking a smoothie.
These are the things I liked reading this weekend from the blogs I like most.
- Little-girl fashion blogger Tavi thinks Jared Leto is her husband, even though he could probably be her dad. She’s wearing a ring with his face. Cute! [StyleRookie]
- Oh, but the Jared Leto ring is from Flamingo Cupcake Studios on Etsy, and I’d wear like 95% of the stuff on that site. Sigh, Barbie Cameo Necklace for $10. Socute. [Flamingo Cupcake Studios]
- Tropical prints, friendship bracelets, and Orangina = perfect day in Williamsburg. [HeyMishka]
- Woman forces herself to live in Corona for art. The horror! [GOOD]
- I really, really want Aubrey Plaza or Kat Dennings to play Daria in the movie. [Jezebel]
- I also kind of want a beer pong wedding. [Jezebel]
Photo from Flamingo Cupcake Studios.